The pioneer in streaming entertainment, Amazon Fire TV set-top boxes and sticks continually craft improvements in their wares to meet evolving needs of smart TV users across the globe. It even launched the ultimate 4K television viewing experience a few months ago leading the world to a frenzied state. If you have older streaming devices then fret-not, as you can still do so much more with them.
To kickstart your entertainment satisfaction to a whole new level, here are 10 pro tips to get most out of your Fire TV experience.
1. Personalize your device by changing its name. This is quite advantageous to someone who may have several Amazon devices at hand particularly gamers and nuclear households. This makes buying of content and apps more efficient as you can easily choose the device name according to your specifications. In the same light, you may also personalize the screen saver of your TV with photo galleries or your favorite views.
2. Expand your internal storage beyond the stipulated 8GB. You can add more apps, videos, music, and other files by plugging in a USB3 stick that’s formatted to FAT32. Simply go to Settings – Applications – Manage Installed Applications to conveniently transfer chosen content to the USB stick.
3. Have a second screen via your Amazon Fire tablet when watching content via the Fire TV stick or set-top box. In the same light, you can also push for videos, music, podcasts, and other form of entertainment from your streaming device to your tablet—even when someone is watching the television where it’s attached—all at the same time. Simply go to Settings – Second Screen- and toggle on the feature.
4. Say goodbye to lengthy app installation. Now, you can automatically install apps and content straight from Amazon. Straight from Amazon’s online catalogue, simply go to the app or content you need. Buy it and push it directly to your Fire TV device. Do make sure your streaming stick or set-top box is linked to your Amazon account.
5. No couch potato or digital guru would ever say no to short-cuts. One of the most awesome pro tips to get most out of your Fire TV experience is the use of its shortcut menu. If you want speedy navigation at the tip of your fingers, simply press/hold the remote’s home button and a menu will pop-up. From the quick options, choose from settings, mirroring, power, and so on.
6. Stop envying Apple’s AirPlay. Now, you can mirror your smartphone or tablet running on Android JellyBean or higher to your smart TV. This is by virtue of Miracast, a Wi-Fi solution for channeling content across multiple screens. Simply go to Settings – Display/Sounds – Enable Display Mirroring to display video, songs, and content from your mobile gadget to the Fire TV screen. You may also do the abovementioned shortcut. To stop, simply push any button on the remote.
7. If your HDTV does not have any voice search capabilities like Samsung’s Alexa, you can actually do voice search via a specially designed Fire TV remote with voice search capability or by turning your smartphone into a remote with voice search option. Feel free to download the Fire TV remote app for smartphone running on either iOS or Android. Do make sure to stay on the same Wi-Fi network when doing so. A four-digit code which appears on the screen should be punched into the device for it to be activated.
8. You can now feel safe from all the privacy and security issues online with the Fire TV parental controls. This allows you to block any purchases from Amazon or to restrict your kids’ access to various contents like movies, games, apps, shows, and more on Amazon. Simply set your Amazon Video 5-digit pin to activate.
9. Your remote is a handy device that can make television viewing convenient for you. It can restart your Fire TV set-top box or stick by simply holding the Play and Select button altogether for 5 seconds. If your remote is disconnected, simply hold the Home button for 10 seconds to go back up.
10. Enjoy the haven of free content like Kodi by simply hookingup your Fire TV device to an Xbox One. Simply plug your Fire TV set-top box or Fire TV stick into an Xbox One console to enjoy astounding free games, movies, videos, apps, and many more. This one will need a OneGuide app to operate.
Say goodnight to your usual smart TV viewing experience. These pro tips to get most out of your Fire TV devices are just the cherry on the cake. As mentioned, the digital world is evolving at a steady pace. Keep watch for further developments to fully get your groove in watching the world of entertainment unfold before your eyes.