Tired of watching Game of Thrones, Scandal or the NBA championships on your iPad? Do you wish to share a presentation or a video uploaded from your GoPro into a big HDTV screen? Luckily, you can now stream from your iPad (or even your iPhone) straight to your Apple TV without any cinch. Learn how to stream iPad to Apple TV by reading this quick guide.
Understanding the AirPlay Concept
Streaming videos, shows, presentations, and the likes from your iPad straight to your Apple TV can now be done with just a couple of taps and a perfunctory swipe via AirPlay, a patented Apple audio-video streaming technology. This tech can be easily sent from any modern iOS device like iPad, iPhone and iPod touch including your friendly Mac computer running on OS X (or macOS in the latest news). With its mirroring ability, one can now share anything from social media posts to sports, television shows, and movies straight to the Apple TV to be viewed on any compatible HDTV. In some cases, AirPlay also allows games to be played using multiple iOS-based devices as controllers.
How to Stream iPad to Apple TV Effectively
To get the best of your iPad to Apple TV to HDTV streaming experience, it is important to take note of the following guidelines:
1. Check the quality of your Wi-Fi connection. Your streaming experience can only be as good as the services your ISP can give you. Do take note that streaming from iTunes Store content also require internet connection.
2. Consider checking compatibility of devices to be used. To use AirPlay, you need to have an iPad2 (or newer) or an iPad mini to allow mirroring. To stream content, a second-gen Apple TV (or newer) will also be required. For music streaming, the same Apple TV 2nd generation requirement as well as AirPort Express or AirPlay-enabled speakers are needed. To enjoy high-quality streaming, consider updating to the latest version of iOS, too.
3. Once, the connections have been set, it is time to turn on your HDTV and Apple TV. Set the HDTV on input mode and upon turning on, you can easily see the Apple TV interface. The settings on your Apple TV menu must also show that AirPlay is turned “on.”.
(Note: For first-time set-up of an Apple TV, consider checking Apple Support here– https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205358)
4. Ensure that your iPad and Apple TV are on the same network. You cannot successfully stream from your iPad to the TV screen without connecting it to the home network.
5. So, how to stream iPad to Apple TV with specific content? Simply start the iPad media then, tap the AirPlay button sitting next to the “NEXT” button on the playback controls. Doing so will send the content straight to the Apple TV screen. iPad usually have a series of available devices for you to choose from. Tap on the device you wish to stream. To start, stop or skip and so on, utilize the controls appearing on the iPad. To move streamed photos or presentation from one photo to the next, simply swipe the iPad screen.
6. To enable mirroring when giving presentations or playing games on TV, simply turn on “mirroring”. This will then, allow you to see the entire iOS screen on the HDTV connected to your Apple TV. The HDTV usually utilizes the aspect ratio and orientation of your iPad. Adjust the zoom settings or the HDTV’s aspect ratio when your iPad’s image doesn’t fill the HDTV screen.
7. Peer-to-Peer AirPlay is also possible on 4th generation iPad or later and 3rd generation Apple TV. This system allows streaming from your iPad to an Apple TV even when not on the same Wi-Fi network.
8. To turn-off AirPlay, simply swipe the iPad’s screen to open Control Center. Tap on AirPlay and choose your device then, click “done.”
There is nothing complicated on learning how to stream iPad to Apple TV—and to your choice of HDTV. So, what are you waiting for? Take entertainment into a whole new convenient and pleasurable level. With new systems in place, you can finally enjoy entertainment to the hilt.