Without a doubt, today’s television entertainment system has become so adept to technological innovations. Instead of the usual cable-ready variety, the market is flooded with “Internet-ready” TV sets aptly called Smart TV which can be directly or indirectly connected to a Wi-Fi device via a streaming box. One of the top brands in streaming device is Roku Inc. and, today, its Roku 4 Streaming player is nothing short of fantastic!
Designed for consumers to tailor their television entertainment preference, the Roku 4 is made to impress. It gives emphasis not just on superior streaming performance but also brilliant picture quality for either 4K ultra or regular HDTVs. Basically, there is no need to buy a new TV if yours have an HDMI port. Simple yet powerful, it can convert entertainment experience to a whole new level with just a few steps to follow. To jumpstart your excitement, here’s a useful Roku 4 guide to answer your concerns.
What’s In A Roku 4 Box?
Content. Each box of Roku 4 comes with the flat streaming player, remote, headphones, power adapter, quick-start guide, two AA batteries, and exclusive content offers. The remote is enhanced with voice search, gaming capabilities, and headphone jack for your comfort and convenience.
Exclusive Features. Apart from its stylish minimalist design, the new Roku 4 streaming device offers the following exceptional features:
- OS 7
- brilliant picture quality and stunning performance whether on 4K UHD TV or regular HDTVs
- quad-core processor
- as much as 60fps 4K streaming
- HDCP 2.2. and optical audio out
- 11ac MIMO Wi-Fi for the ultimate wireless connectivity
- thousands of access to streaming channels like Netflix, Toon Goggles, etc
- instant access to exclusive selection of 4K Spotlight channels
- streaming exclusive in Roku Channel Store 4K UHD category
- enhanced remote control with voice search, remote finder, earphones, and jack for private listening
- app-ready for both Android and iOS designed for photo album play-display, personalized screensavers, and on-the-go access
What You’ll Need
To set-up for the first time, you will need the following:
- an HDMI-ready HDTV
- high-speed HDMI cable
- a 4K UHD TV with HDCP 2.2. compatible HDMI port (for 4K UHD viewing)
- internet connection with at least 6mpbs for regular HDTV and 15mbps for 4K ultra HD
- a wireless or wired router, depending on your preference or current connection
- you may also be needing a credit card or some form of payment method when subscribing to exclusive features
Once you have the above requirements in place, the Roku 4 quick guide included in your box can help you set-up the connection. In the event that it is left excluded, you can easily do the following:
- To connect via wired connection, simply plug the Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port at the back of the Roku 4 streaming device.
- If via wireless connection, simply connect the HDMI cable to the HDMI port at the back of the Roku 4.
- Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the TV’s HDMI port.
- Connect the power adapter to the Roku 4 and plug it into a power outlet (check for voltage indicated for safety).
- Insert the 2AA batteries into the remote and turn it on.
- When you turn it on, the Roku logo screen below should be seen on screen.
- The “language select” option will then appear so, choose English or whatever language you prefer.
- The remote pairing screen will then, appear. Simply click on “ok” and it should prompt “remote found and pairing..”
- Choose connect to your home network (if wired).
- If wireless, it will automatically search for wireless networks. Select your own network and encode the passwords. Feel free to click on “show password” so you can easily double check if you’ve typed in the right characters.
- Three (3) green checkmarks should appear and after clicking “ok”, it will automatically do a “software update”.
- The Roku 4 streaming device will then restart on its own after the update.
- Now, use the provided code to link your Roku streaming device to exclusive perks. This code is unique so don’t lose it.
Indeed, the new Roku 4 streaming device is the best player just yet to hit the market with regards to the brand. It is jampacked with top-of-the-line performance features and exclusive specs not present in other streaming devices. With this Roku 4 guide, you can finally enjoy the ultimate entertainment right at the heart of your home.